If you are feeling a little under the weather this soup is the perfect prescription for health (along with a lot of sleep and vitamin C).
Provided by Helayne Waldman
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups fresh green veggies: any combination of broccoli, asparagus, green beans, chard
- 2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry powder (or more if desired)
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or fresh)
- sea salt and red pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, squeezed
Heat coconut oil or ghee in a soup pot.
Saute onion. Here you can add any starter veggies you have on hand like leeks, carrots, celery (it is a good way to clean out the frig).
Add garlic to the pot (don't add early or it will burn).
Add broth to the pan.
Add your green veggies (broccoli florets, asparagus, green beans, chard or any desired greens).
Once those are softened, I add 1/2 to 1 full can of coconut milk, curry and sea salt, and lemon to taste.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Once all veggies are soft add in batches to a blender and blend until smooth.